The Antofagasta Zone challenged Leland. If they achieved their goal for the month, then we would take them to lunch at T.G.I. Fridays. Sure enough they achieved 100% and we all went to lunch for burgers, fries and onion rings. Here are a few pictures from our lunch at the mall.
The Antofagasta Zone in September: Hermana Butler, Elder Hall, Elder King, Elder Smith, Elder Garrido, Elder Martin, Elder Lopez, Elder Fowkes, Elder Ricks, Elder Caris, Elder Christensen and Hermana Lindner outside of T.G.I. Fridays.
We discovered delicious gelato in Arica. This isn't a good thing because each night during our last visit we walked to the restaurant and had double scoop cones of wonderful ice cream. We counted it as dinner each night. Not healthy...but it makes us happy.
During a recent training meeting some of our former assistants were reunited and posed for pictures. Here are Elder Duerden, Elder Jimenez and Elder Detrinidad holding Elder Edwards.
We noticed this sign recently when we were in Santiago. This tiny upstairs store is supposedly Ross and Marshalls with "new clothes from USA malls." I didn't go in because it would be just too good to be true to find American clothes. Instead we headed three doors down and had sushi and it was delicious.
"Hello Chile!!!" And I say "Hello Gap!!!" Where have you been for the last 16 months? It will be overpriced and understocked but I'm excited to buy my "GAP Santiago" shirt.
We are slowly replacing the 20 year old furniture in the mission home. So far we purchased a new dining room set, pictured, a hutch, coffee table and television table. Now we have to find rugs to cover the lovely tile floor. We are enjoying the updated decor and don't worry, the white folding chairs have been moved downstairs to the training room. If I can find a staple gun I'll try to cover the seats of the chairs. That's harder than it sounds.
During cambios we took pictures with our newly arrived missionaries and realized we didn't have a picture with our newest assistant, Elder Christensen. We love him and he helps us so much.
This is Elder Rivera from Buenos Aires. Recently Dallas wrote us a letter and told us about a woman they met on a bus. She spoke with them and told them she was a member and that her son was serving in Antofagasta. This woman is the mother of Elder Rivera. So now Dallas serves in her Stake and Elder Rivera is serving with us. What a small world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment