Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Yeah for Cola

I'm in the library doing research on a paper for diet ads in the 1950s. I came across this ad for cola being good for babies. I now feel justified for giving my babies sips of my soda. No wonder they all turned out to be self-assured adults.

Yeah Diet Coke!!!

You know I'm just kidding...

5 comments:

Brandi said...

I knew I was good Mom!I love this ad!

queenieweenie said...

that is beyond classic!

Ash and Christian said...

I was at the McDonald's drive-thru today and this was my convo with the order-taking guy:
Me: How many ounces is your Medium
Him: 21 ounces
Me: Ok, I'll have a large Diet Coke
Him: The MEDIUM is 21 ounces
Me: I know
Him: So you want a medium Diet Coke?
Me: No! I want a large! I want 32 ounces of Diet Coke!

I wonder what he would have thought had I told him I was going to let my 8 week old have some (kidding.)

The Coons Family said...

It reminds me of a time in London when we just needed a diet coke SO badly and we went to Subway and said "2 Large (32oz) Drinks"

Subway man holding up a large drink, "This is a large"

Me: "I know, I need 2 of them"

Subway man giving me a dirty look, "YOu want TWO of them"

Me, getting rather impatient, "YES, TWO of them, with no food, no cookies, just two large drinks"

Subway man, "OK"

Us Bruce girls need our diet cokes!

SUMMER said...

I know that you had wished this one was true Trace... the diet coke queen! It is so yummy!!!!