Tuesday, July 29, 2008

SYTYCD - Part 2

Yesterday I went to Los Angeles with my sister Stephanie and niece Erica to watch a taping of So You Think You Can Dance.  We had a great time...no traffic, plenty of treats and snacks and cool weather. Erica got a seat next to Joshua's father, before his brother came and took her spot and Steph and I sat behind all the parents. Unfortunately Erica got put on the floor in the back and had to stand on her tip toes to see the stage. Sorry Erica!!!

After the show we had dinner at the Marmalade Cafe. They really have great food. I recommend the Lobster Bisque...yummo!! We watched for dancers from the show and were lucky to get some pics with Erica's favorites. Also, Mary Murphy showed up with some of the choreographers.  It was fun.

As a side note, Paula Abdul is sitting with the choreographers during the show and she looks really good. Not too made up and very coherent and normal. Nice to see she can be like the rest of us when needed. Not the crazy, drug-induced Paula we see during American Idol.



Here is Erica with her very favorite dancer - Katee, who danced brilliantly.



Joshua was really nice to talk to us. He is getting his braces taken off today and is really excited. The show's producers wants to cut his hair and he is having issues with that. He says with the dance tour and it's many quick costume changes, cutting his hair would make everything easier. We'll have to wait and see who wins that battle - Joshua or the producers.

Thanks Steph and Erica for making the trip with me.  Los Angeles is a great place to visit, but I'm glad I don't live up there.  I'm for sure a suburban girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a fun day! Erica and I can hardly wait to see the show tonight on TV. Thanks Tracy, love ya!